Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A day in the life of Mindi -- adjunct professor at a large community college

Mindi teaches English as a Second Language (ESOL), as part of the adjunct faculty at a community college.  Mindi receives a salary, wears nice casual clothes, and wakes up happy to  teach her four classes.
Mindi enjoys talking to her students and colleagues.  She doesn’t like when her students don’t do well in class.
HBG:  Do you feel that you contribute to making our world a better place to live?
Mindi:   I feel like I am an ambassador to new immigrants.  I make them feel welcome and comfortable.
Mindi doesn’t feel that she is a typical American worker because she works part time, has a large break between her semesters, and has a lot of freedom.
HBG:  What is the best job you’ve had in your work career?   I hope it is your current job!
Mindi:  I think this job is a great job.  I think I am making a difference in many people's lives.
HBG:  How great is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment